Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Nerd Herd

 
Posted by Picasa



My very first pair of glasses from way back in my sophomore year of high school somehow made their way into the tub of dress up clothes in our play room. Both girls had fun mugging in my old specs. These are possibly the only pictures in existence of the glasses. There are certainly no pictures of my 16 year-old self modelling these shiny, round frames. I only wore them when absolutely necessary...when driving at night. Actually, less than that. I only wore them when driving at night through the country. If I were "in town" where someone might see me, I always took them off. We used to go cruisin' back then. I had an image. Ha ha. Ah, the hobbies of a small town high schooler. Heaven forbid that I should look "uncool" at the price of my safety.

Well, I'm glad that the glasses are bringing someone a little joy.

2 comments:

The Jarrett Family said...

Awesome, I haven't seen those glasses for a long time! (Which is a good thing!) Now I see what I have to look forward to with Ella, I'm sure she'll find all of my crazy random stuff and play with it too! (It's just too bad you got rid of all of that jewelery when you were in Georgia, I'm sure they could've had fun playing with that... we sure did that evening!)

kim bledsoe said...

that is so cute. you got alot of snow.