On Monday, Ava's school had cowboy/cowgirl day. They got to dress up like "cow folk" and participated in theme related activities at school. Here are some pictures of Ava on Monday morning before school.




Here's Emily laughing at her crazy cowgirl of a big sister.

Mondays are crazy around here. I drop off Ava by 9, hurry to my parent's group bible study at 9:30, pick up up Ava by noon, feed the girls lunch at home, try to squeeze in grocery shopping and errands before Emily's nap at 2, and then it's off to Ava's dance class at 5:30. She's taking a ballet/tap/jazz class this year. She absolutely loves it. They're learning the Pumpkin Polka for their Halloween dance right now. I'll have to get some pictures of that soon. By the time that I get home, feed the girls, and get them to bed on Monday nights I am ready to fall onto the couch and relax with my favorite shows. Only this is what I found on Monday night when we returned home.

Yes, that's our television set. In pieces. It was broken. Wouldn't even turn on. Kudos to my hero of a husband for tracking down the part and fixing it for just a few dollars before my Thursday night shows!

On Tuesday and Wednesday the rainy fall weather kept us inside, so the girls spent a good deal of time in their playroom, using their imaginations, dreaming up ways to entertain us, and dragging out nearly every toy from the toy bin, as you can see from the video below. I was finished our dinner dishes when I heard Emily, the one baby band, performing so I grabbed my camera. Notice how Emily is so sad when she feels left out. They're both such daddy's girls! Also, note that Ava is currently the director of all productions in this household. "Keep rolling film, mommy!"
On Thursday, Emily and I chaperoned Ava's class to the Backyard Preserve in our town. The senior center used volunteers as tour guides to explain the different plants to the kiddos. It was a wonderful day! Ava was super excited since the trip had been post-poned earlier in the week due to the nasty weather and...well, she's an fan of The Great Outdoors just like her mommy. The sweet lady that served as her tour guide did an awesome job and gave each kid a "treasure map" of the area which Ava was determined to read and follow herself. Emily had so much fun tagging along with the "big kids". She was in 7th Heaven! Note: I did not choose Ava's hat for this excursion...that was all her.




Thursday night we hit the bike trail for Ava's maiden voyage. I wasn't sure how she'd do, but she was a pro. She rode two miles straight without incident. Her increased bicycle proficiency is good for my health. She's my new pace car on the trail. I had to jog the whole two miles while pushing Emily to keep up!
On Friday we have swim lessons. These are Ava's first lessons and I'm really hoping by next summer she'll be swimming without the aid of her floaties. I love her swim school. The teachers are excellent, it's very kid focused and friendly and there are only 3 kids per class. Here are some shots from her lesson last week.




Who knows what the weekend holds. I think we're supposed to attend the wedding of one of Mike's contractors from work tomorrow and I'd love to squeeze in some hiking. The next three weekends of this month are already full! Whatever we do, you can be sure that it'll be an adventure!
Hope you're all having a good week!
Love, Krista

1 comment:
What a fun week, always love to see pictures of my beautiful nieces!
Post a Comment