Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life with a 2 year old...

Now that Emily is 2, I'm remembering how much fun this age is. How cute all of their little expressions and phrases can be. How cool it is to watch them learn and grow. I'm also being reminded of how much energy it takes to keep up with a toddler and how stubborn the average two year old can be when flexing their new found independence. "NO! Me do it!" One of the toddler traits that my selective memory dismissed since the last time I had a toddler in the house is the amount of damage that a two year old can do if left unattended for more than 2 minutes...heck, more than 10 seconds! I've cleaned lots of marker off of walls, carpet, and skin lately (thank goodness for washable markers)and crayon off of windows. I've swept a full bag of flour off of the kitchen floor, shampoo-ed a full stick of butter off of a greasy lil' belly, and scrubbed a full bottle of hot sauce out of the playroom carpeting (see previous post).

Along with all of this mischief that Emily is getting into, she told her very first fib recently when I inquired, "Who did this?" She replied, "Not me." Uh-huh. That's why you're covered in flour/marker/chocolate/mascara...or whatever the offending substance might be. They learn fast, don't they?

I've been stalking Em with the camera a bit lately, trying to capture this precious two year old behavior. Here are some video clips:

No comments: