Sunday, June 15, 2008
Irritated
I knew that there'd be a day when I regretted teaching Ava to "use her words" to express frustration. This morning we were getting ready to make Father's Day Breakfast. I politely informed Ava to remove her pull up, put on the undies that I handed her and wash her hands with soap and water. She headed for the bathroom and returned to the kitchen about 2 seconds later.... au naturel. "Ava, you need to put on your undies and wash your hands before you can help." She gave an impatient sigh and stalked back to the bathroom. She returned quickly and thankfully, wearing her undies. "Ava, you still need to wash your hands." Ava answered, "I already did." To which I replied, " I didn't hear the water running" to which Ava growled, "MOM! I'm gettin' very irritated with you this morning!" Irritated. Huh. Good word, Ava.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment