
Yesterday Ava was rummaging through our front closet. When I stopped her she had my Electrolux Vacuum bags in hand. "Whoa, those are not a toy." She answered, " I KNOW. I need them for my project!" I retrieved the bags and sent her back to her art desk, but I have to say I am often impressed with her projects. Ava is constantly scavenging for items (junk) that she can compile into what she calls a project. She reminds me of a little bird building a nest. She stores these things in little bags or in her desk and then uses large amounts of glue or tape to put them together. Here is the "project" that she constructed yesterday afternoon while I was on the phone with the insurance company (an annoyingly long call).
Let me break it down: Shredded bank envelope from our office trash, 1 piece of black thread from my sewing kit, fallen leaves from my fake ficus tree, a piece of cardboard from the exersaucer packing, hand prints from her stamp pad, scribbles from her crayon, and of course, tape.
Maybe I'm just impressed because I'm her mommy, but I will say that some of her pieces look very similar to those from a show that I was assigned to evaluate in one of my college art classes. That's not to say those pieces were good...just to say they look very close to the same.
1 comment:
Hey krista I am glade you are blogging I love your blog I got it from chris wifes blog. here is mine
bledsoekj.blogspot.com
enjoy
kim bledsoe
Post a Comment