Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Theme Song

I used to love Ally McBeal. If any of you are fans, you remember that the characters had theme songs in their heads as they went about their day. Maybe I enjoyed that detail of the show because I can relate. I'm often moving through my day with song in my head. Well, lately I've had the strangest song stuck in my head. I haven't heard this song in years. It was an annoying commercial for Deer Forest in Coloma, MI and I think it aired on PBS when I saw it (we didn't have cable when I was a kid) Anyway, I've been singing it in my head with my own words filled in for the last few days. Totally random I know, but I Googled Deer Forest and the commercial popped right up on You Tube. Go ahead and watch it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw47n8vGyjA

So, here is the song that is playing in my head:

Feed the baby, sort the laundry, feed the baby, and fold some towels, feed the baby, make a sandwich, feed the baby, mop the floors.

Play with playdoh, read a story, dislodge Barbie from the drain, exersaucers, strollers, hot wheels, dinner, bath, pajama time.

Feed the baby, change a diaper, off to bed....a glass of wine!

Can any of you mommies relate?

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Totally funny!!! Now, I will be singing through the rest of my day, too!!! :) (and yes, I remember the commercial, too!)

kim bledsoe said...

that is a good song and I remember it too. good job

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

I can totally relate, and I remember that commercial very well! Thanks for getting it stuck in my head as well!

Stephanie said...

Norm just taught me the Deer Forest song the other day because it was stuck in his head! Are you and Norm spending nights together or something? :-)

The Jarrett Family said...

Wow, I also sing that song.... very strange!