Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Summer Vacation

Didn't you just love those compositions back in the day? Our summer vacation started with as much predictability as possible when you have two small children. We spent a couple of lovely days at my in-laws, enjoying the lake and family. Then it was up to my parent's where Ava took her first overnight camping trip and we attended my cousin's wedding reception and my nephew's first birthday party. That was all planned. A nice little summer vacation to visit the family. The twist in the plot happened on the 3rd day of our visit. My dear husband called me up that Monday morning and informed me that he had the option to be transferred to Ohio. Two days worth of discussion later we decided it was the right move for us. So....rather than head back to the South last Monday as planned, I headed East to locate a place for us to live. On Wednesday my dad brought his camper over and I got a crash course in how to empty a sewer tank. On Thursday afternoon, Mike arrived and we were able to spend the 4th as a family. So, now our planned 10 day summer vacation had evolved into a 21 day camping trip/ house hunting mission. I have to brag that I dragged Ava and Emily in and out of houses for 5 days straight and they both were so good! Ava has become quite the little house shopper. As I pulled away from the final house today she said, "Mom, I think that kitchen would work, they just need to clean it up a little" We did of course, manage to squeeze in campfire time, swimming and trips to the park. Ava also caught her first fireflies and swirled her first sparklers on the Fourth. I am happy to report that as of today, we have found a house and will be wrapping up paperwork this week. What a whirlwind! We still have a couple of more days on the road and then it's home(whatever that means right now) sweet home. But, rather than unpack when I return from our vacation, the packing will just begin!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey girl! Glad to hear that you were able to find a house.... whew, what an adventure, I'm sure!!!

It was great to see you for a minute while we were all in IN! Hope that the tea party was fun!!!

Hatten Family said...

You've been tagged...check my blog for rules! :)