In the past, Ava has opened gifts containing clothing with little enthusiasm. As in, she throws them aside as soon as she glimpses the contents of the package and says, "Another present, please." Hey, at least she says "please", right? And really, what should I expect, she's only 4. I on the other hand, tremendously appreciate these gifts of clothing. Ava's grandmas and aunts have been exceptionally generous in clothing my budding fashionista. I decided that it was time to have a talk with Ava about using her manners when opening gifts. The morning of her party, I practiced with her:
Me: What do you say when you open a present that is clothes?
Ava: (placing her hands on her cheeks with fake enthusiasm just as we've practiced) Oh my! I love it! Thank you! Thank you!
Me: Very good! Now remember that at your party today.
Fast forward to the party....
The first gift she opened was a little dress with leggings.
Ava: Oh my! I love it! I love!
Smiling a smug little smile I whispered: Very good Ava.
Ava: No mommy! I love it for real! Not pretend. I really, really like it.
I was so busted!
2 comments:
Your girls are so cute. I can't belive my hallie will be 4 the end of this month. She is now wearing big girl underwear but I can't get her to down on #2 yet. I guess in time. What is the in thing for a 4 year old now. It has been along time sense I had to buy for that age. Things change Kerstin in 7. cute pics
Thanks Kim!
Ava is SO into Barbie right now. Barbie and butterflies and art stuff.
Post a Comment