Thursday, October 2, 2008

Indiana Trip

We're back from our trip and finally unpacked, so I'm taking the morning off to post on the trip and share pictures. Despite battling a couple of colds, we had an awesome time.

The morning of our departure, Ava woke up stuffy and miserable. Of course she was so excited for the trip that she was trying to act perky, but I knew she wasn't well. By Friday afternoon, we were on the road and Ava started grabbing her ear and complaining. Great. Another ear infection. Luckily, I called her pediatrician and she was able to call in a prescription to be picked up near Mike's parent's house. Saturday morning Ava woke up feeling icky but ready to celebrate her birthday at the Purdue v. Central Michigan tailgate. Purdue tailgates are one of my favorite past times and a tradition that I am happy to share with our kiddos. Sunday, we had Ava's official birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. I so miss the days when I could host do-it-myself birthday parties in our home. Unfortunately, living so far away from everyone does not lend itself to this tradition. Ava, of course, could care less. She loves Chuck E. Cheese! She had the best time. Unfortunately, by Sunday morning, Emily had caught Ava's cold she she was a runny, coughing, sleepy mess at the party. Poor baby. On Monday we met my sister in law and nephews for lunch and hit Carter's and Keystone Mall for a fall shopping trip. Tuesday, the girls and I explored the Indianapolis Zoo with their Grandma Pammy. I know that Mike was having a good time too. He hit the golf course with his dad and brother on Monday and spent Tuesday boating and fishing the day away. On Wednesday we headed up to my parents where Ava loves to run wild and free on the farm and sit around the campfire before bed. Thursday and Friday Mike and I went away and my parents watched the girls. Ava had her first sleepover with cousin Riley. When I called to check in at nearly 10 pm they were drinking root beer and running around the lawn playing spaceship. My, how parents change when they become grandparents! On Saturday Mike, my dad, Mike's dad, his brother, my sister Angie's husband Dave, and I trekked to South Bend to cheer on the Boilers (a fruitless effort) as they took on Notre Dame. We wrapped up our trip on Sunday at my niece Ella's baptism and made it home by dinner time.

It was a wonderful trip and so good to see all of our loved ones, but as always, it is so good to get back into our normal routine and sleep in our own beds!

Here is a link to the pics of the trip:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbNnDlq4ZN2LV

No comments: