Friday, November 7, 2008

One Last Hurrah

This week has been absolutely beautiful, but I know these perfect Fall days are fleeting and winter is just around the corner for us. In fact, the forecast for the weekend predicts rain mixed with snow. As I type this I hear the rain that precedes the cold front pelting my window. Batten down the hatches!

At least we took advantage of the nice weather while it lasted, playing outside as much as possible this week. I wanted to squeeze in one more little adventure before the trails here become snow covered, so I took the girls on a little nature hike yesterday. The pictures don't do the beauty of the day justice.





The trail ran along the edge of a pretty deep ravine. I quickly had to ditch the stroller and Emily piggybacked as there were crossings like this one along the trail. I think this mini-ravine was just cut from water running down to the lake below. You could actually walk down and up to cross, but here Ava shows her balancing skills by crossing on a fallen tree.





What are we going to do all winter!?

No comments: