Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas and Christmas and....more Christmas!

I've been so bad about updating lately. We just got back home from our Christmas vacation on Friday night. I immediately launched a war on clutter. I've been trying to organize and do laundry for the last few days. 1 closet down (and the playroom), 2 closets and a very messy 4 year old's room to go. Barbie's house does not get assembled until I can see the floor in there! That said, I'm taking a break and trying to look past the basket of laundry that needs to be folded on the family room floor so that I can bring you this little slide show of our Christmas.

We started Christmas the weekend before with the Bailey family Christmas. You'll see the pictures of the girls holding a stack o' cash in the slideshow. My grandpa always gives the Christmas money in "ones". Pretty exciting for the kiddos. With all of those bills they must be rich, right? Ava was dancing around the room waving her money. At 4, she gets the fact that money = buying power.

We returned to Ohio and had a really sweet Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with just the 4 of us. After the girls went to sleep Mike and I turned into elves and moved all of the furniture out of the playroom so that we could blow up an enormous bounce house. It's meant for outdoors, but the child in Mike could not resist that giant Christmas surprise. I have to say, it was totally worth it to see the surprise and pure joy on the girls' little faces.

Once we'd finished Christmas under out tree and packed up the cars, we took off for Christmas night back in Indiana with Mike's side of the family. Then on Saturday we were back up at my parent's for Christmas with my family. On Sunday we parted ways, Mike returned to Indy to be the Godfather for our nephew and the girls and I stayed at my parent's to attend my mom's side of the family Christmas. Mike headed back to work in Ohio Sunday night. On Tuesday the girls and I made it back down to Indy and Mike re-joined us on Wednesday, just in time for New Year's Eve. Craziness, right? Nope. Pretty normal for us and definitely worth it. It was so good to see everyone this year!

Of course, the girls were sufficiently spoiled. Ava made her own list this year(she dictated it to her secretary, that is) and the big items were a Baby Alive Doll, the Rose Petal Cottage, and a tire swing. You'll see all of the above in the montage below...so she made out just fine. All she wanted from Santa was her "favorite" bubble gum (individually wrapped Dubble Bubble) and grape soda. That made Santa's job pretty easy. Her stocking was filled with bubble gum and the fireplace lined with cans of grape soda. Ahh, the the simple things. And since Christmas really isn't about the gifts, I have to share my proudest moment. On Christmas Eve I was running my last errand and trying to hurry home to get ready for church. Ava yelled from the back seat, "I'm so excited for Jesus' birthday! I love the baby Jesus! Happy Birthday Jesus!" The girl gets it.

Hope all of you had a wonderful holiday! Enjoy the pictures:

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the little 6lb 8oz baby Jesus... Too cute!