Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Eve

It's hard to believe that last year on NYE I was just 10 days away from delivering baby Emily. One of our New Year's traditions is attending a party with our college friends. Obviously, last year, in my late state of pregnancy, I was not "allowed" to make the trip from Atlanta to Indiana. Now that we live closer and I am not pregnant, I was making it to the party come hell or high water. Our friends "Norm" and Steph are gracious enough to host every year and friends from as far away as San Diego make the trip to bring in the New Year with the old gang. The party seems to have gotten tamer now that many of us have entered into parenthood or just lived as a grown ups long enough for it to affect our eternal "party animal". It's fun to catch up and hear how everyone's life has changed in the last year. One thing that doesn't change about this party is that we always celebrate with a theme. Past year's themes have been "White Trash" New Year's(an excellent excuse to don my Hooters Racing tank top) and Rock Star New Years(I was Cher). This year was a little more thought provoking: Good vs. Evil. Hmmm. What to be? Super Man or Lex Luther. Batman or Catwoman? In the end I was good and evil.

Here is the host as Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. He was carrying a little seat and had money spilling out of his pockets.


My friend Amber and I being "good".


Mike's brother Dave and his sister Katie. If anyone reading this is confused...Purdue is good.


My sweetie and I on NYE. I puffy painted matching shirts with quotes about evil for Mike and I. I know, I'm too cool for school. Puffy paints. Geesh.


My good friend Michelle and I. Her husband wore "The Joker" shirt.


Some of my "evil" buddies. Moreno as evil incarnate...IU...ha ha. Me, my friend Brandon as "Chuck"(I've never seen that show) and my brother-in-law Drew as Osama bin Laden.


And what 2008 New Year's Eve party was complete without Rock Band? Though, I'm not sure that butchering lead vocals to American Woman at 4 am was the best way for me to begin my year. In this picture are the hostess Steph in the back (dressed as beer pong) my friend Jen, and my brother-in-law on drums.


I wish all of you the best in the new year!

I didn't have my camera out very much, so if any of my fellow party goers would like to share pics, send them my way and I'll add them on.

No comments: