I took the girls sledding yesterday. There are a few good sledding hills within minutes of our house, but I decided to stick close to home. I first pulled the girls up and down the sidewalk around our block. Then we headed for the back yard. The house next door is on the market, so we have lots of extra outdoor space. There is a little hill between the two lawns which was perfect for sledding with little ones.
Both girls intensely dislike all of the winter gear. Ava argued the whole time I bundled her up and then informed me that it was a "bad idea, Mommy." Emily just cried. She can hardly move in her snowsuit and boots. It's like looking at the little brother from A Christmas Story. Once they were in the sled, they were on Cloud 9. At first I thought that Emily was falling over backward, but as it turned out, she was trying to lay down in the sled. She preferred to lay down and just be pulled around. I think she would've laid in that sled all day. She just stared at the sky and smiled and laughed.
We're supposed to get about a foot by tomorrow night, so it looks like we'll put some miles on the new sled. Sledding is one of my favorite past times, so I was having a blast. I used to have sledding parties for my birthday. Speaking of birthdays, maybe we'll celebrate Emily's tomorrow with a few runs down the hill.
As you can see, my little Southern belles have adapted well to the Northern Climate.

1 comment:
To Cute. It looks like they had fun
Post a Comment