Monday, June 29, 2009

Saturday, lovely Saturday

We had a busy Spring, and our crazy schedule followed us right into Summer! On Friday I realized that we have not had one Saturday together as a family since April that we were not travelling, had company here, or Mike was working. Not one! We needed a family day! Usually this involves hiking, fishing, going on a picnic, or all of the above. The Metroparks around here are phenomenal and offer so many settings for family fun in nature. I choose a park we hadn't visited before, just 10-15 minutes from our house. Oh my gosh! It was awesome! Beautiful scenery, great trails, lots of fun rock formations for climbing, a lake for fishing, a spillway for wading and catching little water creatures like minnows and crayfish, we had a wonderful time. I'm disappointed that we just now found this spot. I know we'll be back often. The only downside? The raccoons. We ended up moving the picnic to our car. There were some bold (and apparently hungry) raccoons that raided our picnic. I managed to snap a picture of one on our way down the trail.

Here are the pictures from our sunny Saturday:

No comments: