Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ava's First Dance Recital

Ava had her first dance recital this weekend after nearly a year of Kinderdance (ballet based beginning dance instruction). It was a full weekend for our tiny dancer. Rehearsal Saturday morning at 9 am followed by her first performance Saturday night at 7 pm and one final matinee on Sunday at 2. Nevermind that the little ballerinas had to be at each 3 hour performance a full hour before the show began in full make up. I'm sure it's just because I'm new to this, but it seemed a bit much to me. Not that Ava minded. She had a blast getting all dressed up and playing with her little friends. She did a beautiful job on-stage too, but I can't show you that footage. No video taping allowed. We had to buy the $32 DVD from the dance studio. I did take lots of pictures. When I asked Ava what she thought about the recital and asked if she had fun she replied, "Well, it was kinda boring. I think I better tap dance next year." Oh boy! Tap shoes on our ceramic tile. I'm SO excited!

Here are the pictures:

No comments: