
My original plan was to hit the market and then head for one of the Metroparks and have lunch and go for a hike before naptime. I packed a cooler for lunch and we all slapped on our hiking shoes. Then I remembered that the zoo is right next to the market and that it's free on Mondays. Perfect. We could lunch at the zoo and then Ava could pick three or four exhibits to see before we headed home for Emily's nap. I shouldn't have told her the plan. Once it's out there, you can't take it back. Apparently free Monday at the zoo is absolutely crazy when school is out. Compounding the problem, the main road to the zoo is closed...under construction. It took us TWO WHOLE HOURS to make the usual 10 minute trip to the zoo. We were grid-locked. It kinda stunk. The girls were awesome. We had lunch in the car. We jammed to that great Cleveland rock n' roll on the radio. And once we got to the zoo, it was already naptime. No rush to get home now. We had a lovely time. A new dinosaur exhibit is open. It's kind of like walking through Jurassic Park. The dinosaurs are animated. The girls loved it. I didn't take pics of the rest of the zoo, but I did capture Ava and Emily exploring the dinosaur exhibit.

1 comment:
So much fun! I love days out with my girl. We have dinosaurs at our zoo, too. We saw them last week. Very neat!
Post a Comment