When you read this blog and look at the pictures in the Spring thru Fall, it's obvious that our family loves to hike! On Sunday afternoon, the temps reached into the 40's and we were all getting a little stir crazy. Mike suggested that we take a family hike. We chose a waterfall trail that we're pretty familiar with. I would have loved to see this waterfall in the ice and snow. It's not easy to access, though. The trail to the falls is right around 2 hilly miles through the woods. It was a little tough going through the snow, although some of the trails had been broken by other hikers. We ended up opting for some easier terrain with the slippery footing and our young hikers. Still, it was a really nice walk and I have to say, I am very proud of Ava. She hung in there for a good 2 1/2 mile hike. I only had to carry her twice to give her feet a short rest. It felt so good to be back on the trails again. I cannot wait for the Spring thaw!
I wanted to note: Hiking in the winter is so much quieter than in the summer. Very few birds chirping. No bugs buzzing. No leaves rustling. It was strikingly silent out there...I mean besides the sound of our little family crashing through the woods and singing hiking songs. : )
Here are some pics and a couple short clips from the trail.
No comments:
Post a Comment