Earlier this month we got to spend some time back in Leesburg. All of the men on my side of the family headed down to Florida for the Daytona 500, leaving the women and children behind to fend for themselves. (No worries. We're accustomed to this "fending for ourselves" business). Since we all had the H1N1 virus over Christmas, I really didn't get to spend any time catching up with my family. I was excited to finally have the chance. It just so happens that on this trip, we drove directly into the storm that was dumping snow all across Indiana and Ohio. It didn't make for a fun drive, but boy did it make for some fun times for Ava and Emily to play in the snow with their cousins. My sister Karla's boys Riley and Hudson, sledded, dug tunnels, and climbed the snow pile exhaustively with Ava and Emily on our first afternoon back. I had to make them come in for a hot cocoa break! They were sporting some of the pinkest lil' cheeks I ever saw!
Unfortunately, this trip, it was my sister Angie's turn to be sick. The first day I watched my niece, Ella who was also getting over "a bug". And we saw Angie for a brief visit...but we wanted to avoid the stomach flu at all costs! The girls and I ended our trip by celebrating Valentine's Day with a sleep over at Aunt Karla's house. Fun times!
Here's some footage:
No comments:
Post a Comment