We're visiting my parent's farm this week. Tonight, as I read Ava her bedtime story I heard the sound of a crop duster out in the cornfield. I knew Ava would love to watch. I laid out a deal, "If mommy takes you outside to see something special, do you promise to go right to sleep when we come back in?" I carried her outside and we watched the little yellow plane diving, careening, and swooping over the cornfield. Like a ballet almost, only to the tune of a plane engine and with chemicals. Ahhh. Anyway.... as usual, Ava had lots of questions. I explained to her that the airplane was crop dusting. I explained about pesticides and the "bugs". We enjoyed the show in silence for a few minutes and then we turned to head inside. "But Mom," she asked "Why is he dusting the crocs? Are they out there in the field with the corn?"
Can't you just see all different colors of that popular footwear lined up in the rows between the corn? I had to laugh.
2 comments:
I love it!! That is a priceless one! You will have to "save" that one for her high school graduation or wedding memories!! PS - We enjoyed the show too :)
That is funny. Kids say the darnest things.
kim
Post a Comment