
It has become our nightly ritual to head out for a walk after dinner. It's a great way to wind down. Emily in the stroller, Ava walking along, discovering our new location...asking lots of questions and making amusing observations (I think it smells like deer poop out here). Lately though, Ava has been on a running kick. One lap around our neighborhood is 1 mile. The last few nights, Ava has run the WHOLE way. Impressive, right? Well, at least I'm impressed. The other night when we stopped at an intersection, I observed, "Ava, you are such a good runner! Are you going to be in the Olympics someday?" She turned around, red-faced and to my surprise she rolled her eyes, put her hand on her hip and in do-you-even-know-me-at-all tone said, "Uh, no. I'm going to be a teacher and a mommy. And I'm going to live at home with you and Emily and Daddy. And Daddy is going to be the Daddy of my children."
Okay, Ava. I'm pretty sure that's illegal in most states.
1 comment:
That is hilarious. I love the things they say at that age.
Post a Comment