Monday, January 19, 2009

Sledding with the family

We spent Saturday afternoon sledding and tobogganning with everyone who was in town for Emily's birthday. I forgot how much fun it is to play in the snow!


That's my nephew Riley and Ava in front. Then Mike's mom, Pam and his sister Katie and her husband Drew in the middle. Finally in the back the two grandpas, Mike's dad Nick and my dad, Gary.



A little family picture in front of the Chalet. Emily was home resting up for the party with my mom, so she got left out of these pictures.



Somehow, Riley tricked my father in law into pulling him up the hill. It's a pretty good workout.





Here's a little footage of the sledding. Um, yes that lady in the fabulous, neon, vintage 1992 snowsuit is me. Dude, it's a Columbia snow set. Do you know how much those cost? This one works great. It's so warm and in perfect condition. So what if my neighbors laugh at me while I'm shovelling. Function trumps fashion this time. Plus, my kids can always find me on the sledding hill.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I smiled as soon as I saw this and thought, "Hey, I remember my dear high school buddy in that snowsuit!!!" Yeah, I think we even crashed a snowmobile (or two?) while you were wearing it, didn't we?!! HA! So fun! Love ya, girlie!

kim bledsoe said...

That looked like fun. Jason built the girls a hill in our front yard and Hallie loved going down it.So does Kerstin. I think the snow suit is nice. Hey If you can still wear something from high school. You go girl all of us can't say that.