Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Valentine's Party

The Friday before Valentine's Day, I had the opportunity to chaperone Ava's class Valentine's Party. Emily had just as much fun as the preschoolers and Ava was so excited for the opportunity to show off her baby sister.




I was in charge of making a game, so I came up with "Fishing for Valentines".


The kids really seemed to enjoy it. Ava thought that because her mom brought the game, that she was supposed to be in charge of it. She was assisting and directing the kids into the line, making sure that they took turns, helping to place the Valentines back on the ground. Clearly, my "Type A" is rubbing off on her. When musical chairs began across the room, Ava looked at me and very seriously asked, "Mommy, could you please do my job for a little bit? I'd really like to go over and play musical chairs." I answered back with a straight face, "Yes. Of course. Go have fun!"


Snack time!


Ava and her friend Katie decorating their cookies.



Would you like to see my 4 year old's Valentine? Here he is. Michael from my "Across the Breakfast Table" post about Ava's first kiss. Short, dark, and handsome. He gave her a Super Hero Valentine. It was a big deal. Apparently, her affections are being reciprocated. Michael's mom shared with me recently that they have to drive home a different way now so that they can drive by Ava's house. Too cute!

No comments: